The aim of this document is to explain the different types of personal data handled by us and your rights regarding that data.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Visitors to the website
We may collect the following personal data in connection with your relationship with us:
- Your name and billing address;
- Your job title and the name of your organization;
- Your telephone number and/or fax number and/or Skype contact details (if applicable);
- Your email address (if applicable);
- Your VAT number or similar fiscal identification number (if applicable);
- Summary details of the translation project(s) undertaken or other services provided;
- Information about our historic interaction with you or your organization;
- The source document(s) and translation(s). If the source document(s) and translation(s) contain personal data concerning you, they will be handled as described in the “Third parties” section below.
Documents to be translated can sometimes contain personal data, including sensitive personal data about the data subject’s physical or mental health, racial or ethnic origins, religious beliefs or trade union membership. If you commission the translation of a document containing personal data, you are confirming that the data subject has consented for his/her personal data to be processed to the extent that is strictly necessary for the translation to be made.
How do we obtain your personal data?
We obtain personal data about you from two different sources. We obtain some of the personal data directly from you, such as your name, surname and contact details. Then there are certain personal data that are created in the course of our relationship with you or your organization, such as information about our interaction with you.
How long will we keep your personal data?
We will store and process your personal data solely for the purposes of providing you with translation services or other language services, responding to your enquiry about such services and analyzing the traffic on thefrenchalizer.com. If you are an individual enquiring about language services and you choose not to commission such services from us, any personal data concerning you will be deleted after three months. If you commission language services from us, your personal data will be stored and processed for a period not exceeding six years from the date on which our last invoice was paid in full.
How do we use your personal data?
Your personal data will be processed for the following purposes:
- to enable us to provide you with the services;
- to enable us to invoice our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship with you or your organization.
With whom do we share your personal data?
Anonymized data about your visits on thefrenchalizer.com are shared with Google Analytics and stored for 26 months. We do not share your data in any other way. Google offers an add-on which you can install on your browsers if you wish to opt out of Google Analytics: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
How do we store your data?
We store your personal data, including the emails we received from you and sent to you, exclusively locally and on our own server located in France. We will take appropriate legal, organizational and technical measures to protect your data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws.
Transfers of your personal data outside of your home country
Documents and translations will not be sent outside the European Economic Area (EEA), except to countries recognized as having a level of data protection equivalent to that in the EEA and to your home country if you live or are located outside the EEA. In particular, documents and translations will not be sent to the United Sates unless the person commissioning the translation lives or is located in the United States. The servers hosting thefrenchalizer.com domain and email addresses, as well as the firstname.lastname@example.org email address, are located in France. We will store documents and translations containing personal data in accordance with best professional practice and translations can be anonymized, at your request, as soon as possible after the corresponding invoice has been paid in full.
You are entitled to:
- opt out from processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes;
- request information regarding the processing of your personal data, including being provided with a copy of your personal data;
- request the correction and/or deletion of your personal data, or object to the processing of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- request receipt or transmission to another organization of the personal data that you have provided to us; and
- complain to your local data protection authority, or to a court of law, if your data protection rights are violated. You may be entitled to claim compensation for damages or distress incurred or suffered as a result of unlawful processing of your personal data.
You are not required by law to provide your personal data to us, however, if you don’t, then we might not be able to provide you with services, as we wouldn’t be able to invoice these services. If you object to the processing of your personal data, we will respect that choice in accordance with our legal obligations. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please let us know by getting in touch using the contact details below.
By writing to Sandrine Guyennet, Apt 8 Altus, Sunday’s Well Road, Cork, Ireland
By sending an email to email@example.com
For more information about your rights under the GDPR, please see the Data Protection Commissioner’s website at http://gdprandyou.ie
Effective as of: 25 May 2018